The Script Editor reports to the Head of Development and works in close conjunction with the Executive Producers, Producers and Writers in order to ensure that commissioned scripts are of the required standard, conform to the editorial brief and is within the financial constraints of the development/production.Drama production can involve long and unpredictable work patterns and pressure to meet tight schedules so the postholder will need to have a flexible approach to their working day.
Role responsibility: Ensures that commissioned scripts are of the required standard, conform to the editorial brief and are available for use at the appropriate time. Advises on all script related matters associated with the production (at all stages from initial concept to amendments to shooting script), and to manage the relationship between the writer and the production. Takes responsibility for development: to generate creative ideas and story ideas of the highest standard and introduce a diverse range of new writers to the department.
- You will need to have substantial & demonstrable script editing experience & a knowledge of new and diverse writers & talent.
- You will have excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- You will have the ability to display tact and sensitivity when dealing with writers & Producers
- You will have experience of generating creative ideas, treatments and formats.
- You will have thorough knowledge of script sources and the availability & potential of emerging talent
- You will have demonstrable experience of television production and a passion for television drama, film, theatre & radio.
How to apply: See the jobs webpage for further information about how to apply.
Deadline: 5 June 2016
Source: Word of mouth