Tell your story!
- 8 minutes maximum per piece (they have a tight time limit and loads of scares to pack in)
- Notes can be used
- These are solo readings or monologues, which could be a scary story or anecdote, a poem, an extract from a play or book; anything you like.
- You can only submit your own writing
- They encourage writers to read their own work (but writers can work with an actor if they prefer)
- No tech – they will provide the spooky atmosphere…
- They want to see you on the night, so UK based applicants only please.
This is an unpaid opportunity but you’re welcome to use it as a chance to promote your own work/upcoming shows by plugging it in your intro (and they are happy for you to exit flyer the show).
Submission Deadline: Midnight, Saturday 25th September 2021
Please note, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations, and will not share writer/performer contact details with any third parties – they will only be used by the Blackshaw team to coordinate production of the Scare Slam 2021.
The venue and production will be running in line with the most recent UK Government COVID guidelines. They will be asking all performers and crew members to show proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test on the day of the show.
Deadline: 25 September 2021
Source: BBC Writersroom