Brainchild presents Hatch #6, a platform for artists of all disciplines to showcase and test their brand new ideas in front of an audience of friends and friendly faces. The next event will take place on 8 March 2018 at Platform, around the corner from Southwark tube station.
In the spirit of Brainchild collaboration, Hatch is an informal evening that will showcase 6 pieces of work at an early stage of their development and provide the chance for audience and artists alike to meet, chat and give feedback.
It’s also a chance to join the Brainchild creative community, to meet other emerging artists and potential collaborators, to help get new ideas and projects off the ground and connect with like-minded people.
What to submit: They are looking for submissions of no more than 10-15 minutes from all areas of art. Be it theatre, film, cabaret, spoken word, sketch comedy or music – or something that defies genre altogether – anyone willing to take risks and try something new.
They are looking for:
- Ideas that would particularly benefit from being tested out in front of an audience.
- Ideas that require limited technical involvement – please be aware that the space has a limited technical capacity, though they will try their best to meet requirements and where possible souce basic set pieces.
- They are open to comedy but are looking for something more diverse than stand-up routines.
- They are particularly interested in multimedia and interdisciplinary work.
- They like work that is political, challenging or engages with important issues.
How to apply: If you’re interested in performing at Hatch #6 please fill in the submission form. Please try to be as clear as possible in your description and bear in mind that it is difficult for them to get a sense of you and your idea without supplementary/reference material.
If you have trouble uploading files to the submission form please attach any supplementary/reference material to an email, subject heading ‘Hatch #6 Submission’ and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
They ask that you’re available during the day for tech and dress and to attend the evening performance.
Deadline: Monday 12 February 2018 at 10am