One regional writer from the South East will be chosen to receive tailored career support, including a minimum of 2 x mentoring/feedback sessions, 1 x script workshop and 1 x rehearsed reading, culminating in the development of a new full-length play over a 12-month period.
Broken Silence’s 2018 Young Writer in Residence, Ella Dorman-Gajic, will become the company’s first Writer in Residence.
- Open to writers aged 18-30
- Writers must currently live, or originally come from, one of the following counties: Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Surrey or Sussex
- Script Length: 8-12 pages
- Scripts should be in the form of a complete scene or short play
- Scripts should NOT have been previously staged/produced/published
- Only one script can be submitted per writer
How to apply: please submit an 8-12 page script/extract and 200 words on why this opportunity would help your writing career. to email@example.com
Deadline: 1 January 2019 at 8pm
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group