Burbage Productions has launched its new writing prize. The winning play will receive a full production in London, there are no rules on content or style, but the play must be full length and complete (at least 90 minutes running time) and previously unperformed, although plays which have received up to 3 workshops/ staged readings will be considered.
How to submit: send plays along with a brief synopsis to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the guidelines below before submitting or visit the website.
- The competition is open to anyone resident in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only.
- There is no age limit.
- The play must have a playing time of at least ninety minutes.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- All entries should include page numbers on every page.
- They are only able to accept entries submitted by email in Word or PDF format. Entries must be entirely complete and in one document only.
- All scripts must include a phone number and contact email address on the front page of the script.
- The play must be an unperformed and unproduced piece of work. It cannot have received a professional production in any form, anywhere in the world, apart from an absolute maximum of three rehearsed/staged readings or workshops only. Amateur productions do not apply. Any scripts that have been professionally produced or published will be automatically disqualified.
- The entrant must exclusively own and control all copyright and all other related rights to the Submitted script. It must be available for production and unattached to any other organisation or individual.
- The terms for any Subsequent production mounted by Burbage will be negotiated in good faith at that time.
- We regret that no correspondence can be entered into regarding any part of the judging process.
- The winning play will be announced by Monday 14 April. 2014.
Deadline: 7 April 2014
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Page.