The night will be a script-in-hand performance and they’re looking for new writing that is suitable to be staged in a ‘black box’.
What they are looking for:
- Any theme – though they are unlikely to select ‘relationship gone wrong’ plays or ‘sketch comedy’
- 10-15min plays / monologues
- Age & gender blind where possible
- NEW WRITING – must not have been professionally performed anywhere before
- MAX of 4 characters
- Only one play per writer please
They are looking for plays from local (South East England), national or international writers – preference will be given to ‘local’ writers.
They are looking for narratives that excite, surprise, challenge or inspire!
Plays will be selected by Cast Iron Theatre’s team of volunteer readers and, as a small team, they are unable to give feedback on plays.
How to submit: Email plays to firstname.lastname@example.org In the email subject line please include: SPN, your name and the title of your play. In the main body of the email please include:
- Your name (and/or ‘pen’ name),
- Your town of residence (you don’t need to give your address),
- Your play title,
Please send either Word or PDF attachments NO NAME OR PERSONAL DETAILS ON THE SCRIPT
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Deadline: 21 November 2019 (for event on Sunday 15 December 2019)
Source: BBC Writersroom