The Courtyard Theatre is looking for new writers to send their script submissions. They are committed to seeking out talented writers from all ages and backgrounds, working with them to develop their plays further to help bring new and exciting work to our future audiences.
If you wish to submit a script, please take note of the submissions policy, which is detailed below:
- Please thoroughly proof-read your script before sending. Whilst we make allowances for human error, submissions with numerous typing errors and spelling mistakes will not be considered.
- Please number all pages and use consistent formatting.
- Attach a covering letter including a brief synopsis, your contact details (telephone and email) and a short covering letter detailing any previous writing experience.
- Please do not submit novels, poems, radio plays, sketches or screenplays.
- We accept unsolicited scripts from around the world, though unfortunately at present we can only accept scripts written in English.
- Regretfully, we cannot accept resubmissions or further drafts of plays that we have previously responded to unless we have specifically requested them.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email. If, you have not received confirmation of your submission within two weeks, please re-send your email submission or, for hard copy submissions, call us on 020 7729 2202 to ensure that your script has arrived at the theatre.
How to apply: Scripts can be submitted by email to email@example.com or sent as a hard copy to: Literary Department, The Courtyard Theatre, 40 Pitfield Street, London, N1 6EU (if submitting a hard copy, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope to return your script and send you your feedback report).
They assess and provide feedback on all scripts sent in. Please note that the high volume of scripts submitted to The Courtyard Theatre means it may take up to three months to respond to your submission.
Deadline: None posted