Creating Routes is a practical training programme for theatre-makers who want to use their creative skills in the community. The programme runs from September 2015 to June 2016.
Creating Routes Trainees get the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to get employment in Participatory Arts through:
- monthly group meetings and check-ins with mentors
- practical workshops with professionals, peers and Goldsmiths’ MA students
- work in community settings with experienced facilitators and other trainees (there will be some paid opportunities)
- individual reflection through journals
Schedule: Creating Routes is a flexible programme. Most activities – particularly work placements – can be arranged at a time to suit you. However, there are some fixed dates:
- CR Group Sessions: Last Tuesday of the month, 6 – 8.30pm (starting 29 September)
- Practical workshops at Goldsmiths: Mondays 12 Oct, 9 Nov – 7 Dec, 2.30-6pm
- MA Classes at Goldsmiths: Tuesdays 10 Nov – 8 Dec, 10-5pm:
Eligibility: Creating Routes is open to theatre-makers aged between 18 and 25 years old. The programme is designed to diversify the field of participatory arts, so we are seeking applicants from cultural groups who are currently under-represented in the field – e.g. Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic artists, those with disabilities and/or those who may not be able to access the traditional academic routes.
How to apply: To apply please download and complete the application form below and email or post it to Gail Babb by: Monday 21 September 2015
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a recruitment workshop and interview on Saturday 26 September 2015.
If you have any questions about the programme or application process, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7251 6644
- Download the Information Pack
- DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
- (save the file and open in Word to edit)
Deadline: Monday 21 September 2015