Encompass Productions is currently seeking short play submissions for its Bare Essentials writing night (“London’s best reviewed new writing night”). The event is designed to showcase emerging and established theatrical talent.
This event will be their ‘Christmas edition. so in addition to their normal brief you can choose to write a play set at or on the subject of the festive season. The event will take place from 15-18 December at the Take Courage Theatre in New Cross, London.
Previous Bare Essentials led to the critically acclaimed Life in a Sketchbook being staged in London’s West End. Pieces have also been featured on Everything Theatre’s Scripts Spotlight podcast series. Further collaborations also led to a film produced with Tartan Viking Films and collaborations with BAFTA winner John Foster.
What to submit:
- Pieces can be any genre: comedy, drama, monologues etc. but must take the form of a theatrical script with dialogue.
- In addition writers are also encouraged to write a Christmas-themed short play that explores (directly or indirectly!) the theme of Christmas
- Submissions can be self-contained pieces OR extracts from longer work
- Pieces must be between 5 & 20 minutes long
- Keep things technically minimal. It’s called Bare Essentials for a reason!
How to apply: thinktank@
Deadline: 25 October 2015
Source: Direct contact