Faith Drama Productions are calling for submissions from emerging writer-directors. 4 successful applicants will be invited to write and direct a 10 minute play to be staged at the Theatre Madness Festival in Newham, this September. The winner (selected from these 4) will receive £2,000 and support to create a full-length play for Faith Drama’s 2017/18 season.
To be considered as a writer-director for Theatre Madness 2016 , the initiative’s organisers ask that you submit a CV demonstrating your writing and directing credits, along with no more than 20 pages of a stage/radio play. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited for an interview in late July.
Here are the important dates…
- Writer-Director submissions deadline: Weds, 27th July (5pm)
- Shortlisted applicants interviews: Fri, 29th or Sat, 30th July
- Successful candidates announced: Weds, 3rd August
- Challenge launch date: Fri, 5th August
- First draft of script due: Fri, 12th August (5pm)
- Final draft of script due: Fri, 19th August (5pm)
- Rehearsals commence: Mon, 29th August
- Technical rehearsal: Fri, 9th September
- Dress rehearsal/performance date: Sat, 10th September
Interested? Visit the official website of Faith Drama Productions
Deadline: 27 July 2016 at 5pm
Source: BBC Writersroom