Funded and delivered by the British Council, Farnham Maltings, and the High Commission of Canada in the UK, New Conversations is designed to encourage and support the development of creative and collaborative partnerships between artists and arts organizations in the performing arts sector in the UK and Canada.
Initially a two-year pilot, the program aims to provide opportunities to initiate challenging and inquisitive conversations, exchange ideas and practices and develop ambitious, creative research and development projects that can offer the first steps for collaborations and productions between Canada and the UK.
The aims of New Conversations are:
- To fund collaborative and sustainable creative projects that can deliver long-term benefits for the performing arts sectors in both countries
- To increase cultural exchange opportunities between UK and Canada, allowing for more artist mobility and international opportunities
- To share best practices and networks through exchange, to increase skills, develop ideas and new artistic vocabulary between professional artists and organizations
- To support visibility and representation of voices and a diversity of dialogues in the performing arts sector
- To support research, development and creation, and seed support for future collaborations and productions
You can download the full criteria and guidelines in English or French here: New Conversations – Criteria and Terms / Nouvelles Conversations – Critères – version française
How to apply: please download the application form below. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Conversations – Application
Nouvelles Conversations – Application – Français
Deadline: 30 November at 23.59 (GMT)