Fisher Taylor-Gaunt Productions is offering four writing teams the opportunity to develop their musicals. Each successful musical will receive a week’s worth of development in Spring 2015, culminating in a 30-minute showcase in a Central London venue.
Each successful musical will be paired with an established industry director to help develop it alongside the writers. Rehearsal space and cast will also be provided by The Musical Theatre Academy (http://www.themta.co.uk/).
- A week-long development process.
- A director and Musical Director to help develop the showcase with them.
- A cast to develop the showcase with them.
- Rehearsal space for development workshops.
- A showcase of 30 minutes worth of material in a central London venue at the end of the development process.
- You must be a UK resident.
- Your piece must not have been produced professionally before.
- Your musical does not have to be completed. We are looking for projects to develop and will accept applications as long as there is enough material for the showcase.
- If based on a novel/film/play, or if you are using music that is in copyright, you must obtain the rights prior to applying.
- You may only submit up to 2 musicals per writer.
- Three contrasting songs (including a chorus number if your musical contains a chorus). They require the sheet music, lyric sheet, and an MP3 recording of each song. They will not judge on the quality of the recording.
- Two scenes of dialogue from the musical.
- A brief synopsis of the story, adding titles of musical numbers in where appropriate.
- A suggestion for the structure of a 30-minute showcase of your musical.
- A CV for each of the writers, detailing their previous experience.
- A cover letter stating your ambitions for the piece, and what potential you feel it has.
Deadline: 28 December 2014 at 6pm