Each year, Gemco Theatre Company’s Take Ten (previously Little Gems) season showcases the work of experienced, new and young writers – challenging them to write a play to be performed in ten minutes or less. They are currently looking for entries for the 2015 Take Ten season.
Throughout August the play entries will be read by up to 5 different selection committee members, ensuring that they meet with the selection criteria and a shortlist will be created. Then there will be a reading of the shortlisted plays and an audience will be invited. This will enable the adjudicators to see the plays and begin their assessments. The final ten plays will then be selected.
The final ten plays will then be rehearsed and performed as a season on 26th, 27th and 28th September. This weekend will also be the official release of the 10 winning plays, published in a volume.
What to submit: Plays can be of any length up to ten minutes with up to four actors and with no restrictions on theme or genre. Monologues and playscripts with more than one actor have all been successful in the past.
How to apply:
- Entry Form here online >
- email your scripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay for each entry at $5 each – they are currently setting up a payment system and will contact writers who have submitted as soon as we have it resolved.
Eligibility & Conditions:
- Entrants must be of amateur status.
- The play may not be longer than 10 minutes.
- Submitted plays must not have been previously performed or published.
- Playwright’s name must be printed on the front page only.
- Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted with the official entry form.
- An entry fee of $5 must be paid at the same time as the form is submitted.
- Playwrights may submit a maximum of three entries each.
- Submissions close on 31 July 2015.
- Successful writers will have their chosen play published by Gemco Players Community Theatre and performed on condition that they permit their work to be published and performed, at the current season, without fees or royalties asked for.
- Publication of a play by Gemco Players Community Theatre does not forgo the right of the author to subsequently publish the play elsewhere.
- All writers will retain their copyright.
Deadline: Friday 31 July 2015
Source: Play Submissions Helper