INK festival is an opportunity for writers of all ages, backgrounds and levels of experience who want to see their play performed professionally. INK is accepting submissions of short scripts in a number of categories.
- Short play (30 minutes or less)
- Radio play (15 minutes or less)
- Themed play (10 minutes or less, maximum 3 cast, must include the words ‘INSIDE OUT’)
- Radio Game Show (with the potential to be developed for radio, examples Just a Minute, Sorry I Haven’t a Clue or Unbelievable Truth…)
- Young Writer (under 18) (Scripts under 10 minutes, maximum 3 cast members)
INK is an East Anglia* based Charity organisation.
They recommend that casts are kept to 5 or fewer actors, these plays will be produced in a Festival environment so set and props should be kept to a minimum.
Who can apply: INK is delighted to receive scripts from everyone, whatever their age or experience, and champions work in-particular from writers with past or present links to East Anglia. For 2020 however, submissions are now open to the rest of the UK and beyond!
They also particularly like to encourage submissions which comply to the BECHDEL Test and from every ethnicity.
The Ink Festival is an annual weekend festival of new short plays, musicals, and radio held every April at The Cut, Halesworth, Suffolk. In 2019 over 40 brand new short plays were staged and performed by professional actors and directors followed by tours to eight locations around East Anglia and 10 days at The Tristan Bates Theatre, London
Deadline: 5 October 2019 at midnight
Source: Playwriting_UK Facebook Group