Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre is inviting established writers to apply for the Jessie Kesson Fellowship in 2017. This award was established in 2009 by Moniack Mhor to honour Jessie Kesson’s inspirational life and work.
Eligibility: The fellowship is open to established writers. To be eligible for the fellowship applicants must have published at least one novel, one short story collection, one poetry pamphlet or had one professional production of their work staged. It is also essential that applicants have experience of working with children and young people and/or community groups.
What you get: The successful candidate will receive time and space to develop their work, as well as opportunities to expand their practice. This includes a stipend of £350 per week, plus accommodation. The chosen writer will:
- Live on-site in the cottage at Moniack Mhor for the whole month of March 2017.
- Have the opportunity to deliver four creative writing workshops based on or inspired by Jessie Kesson’s life and work in local schools, libraries, or community centres.
- Take a role in hosting a public evening event in the form of a reading or lecture.
- Be asked to contribute one piece of work to Moniack Mhor at the end of the residency.
The final terms of the Fellowship will be agreed by the successful candidate and Moniack Mhor.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending:
- A CV which includes previous experience of work with children and young people and/or community groups
- An A4 covering letter that demonstrates your qualifications for the fellowship and how it would benefit you
It is important that applicants hold a current full UK driving license, or one that would allow them to drive during their stay.
Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com (subject line Jessie Kesson Fellowship) or by post to Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre, Teavarran, Kiltarlity, IV4 7HT. Interviews will be held early December at Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre or by skype.
For any enquiries relating to the fellowship please contact Sarah Kinghorn, Acting Centre Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 28 November 2016 at 5pm
Source: Playwrights’ Studio Scotland
1 thought on “Jessie Kesson Fellowship 2017 open for applications”
Pingback: Opportunities Weekly Round-up: 25 November 2016 | LONDON PLAYWRIGHTS BLOG