Moniack Mhor is proud to host the eighth annual Jessie Kesson Fellowship. This annual award was established in 2009 by Moniack Mhor to honour Jessie Kesson’s inspirational life and work.
Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre (Scotland) is inviting established writers to apply for the Jessie Kesson Fellowship in 2015.
The successful candidate will receive time and space to develop their work, as well as opportunities to expand their practice. This includes a stipend of £300 per week, plus accommodation. The chosen writer will:
• Live on-site in the cottage at Moniack Mhor for the whole month of March 2015.
• Have the opportunity to deliver six creative writing workshops based on or inspired by Jessie Kesson’s life and work in local schools, libraries, or community centres.
• Be asked to contribute one piece of work to Moniack Mhor at the end of the residency.
These are not compulsory and the final terms of the Fellowship will be agreed by the successful candidate and Moniack Mhor.
The fellowship is open to established writers. To be eligible for the fellowship applicants must have published at least one novel, one short story collection, one poetry pamphlet or had one professional production of their work staged. It is also essential that applicants have experience working with children and young people.
Please apply by sending:
• A CV which includes previous experience of work with children and young people
• An A4 covering letter that demonstrates your qualifications for the fellowship and how it would benefit you
It is important that applicants hold a current UK driving license, or one that would allow them to drive during their stay.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre, Teavarran, Kiltarlity, IV4 7HT.
Deadline: 15 December 2014 at 5pm
Interviews will be held early in 2015 at Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre.
For any enquiries relating to the fellowship please contact Moniack Mhor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: IdeasTap Jobs Page