The submission window for Little Fish Theatre’s (San Pedro, California, USA) 22nd Annual PICK OF THE VINE short play festival to be presented January-February 2024 is now open.
Only short plays (under 15 minutes)submitted through this process will be considered.
The theme for this year’s Festival is: NEW BEGINNINGS
Playwrights are invited to only submit a play that addresses this theme. Submissions this year will be scored upon 1) the quality of the writing, 2) producibility, and 3) how well it addresses the theme.
Submissions for Festival 2024 will only be accepted from June 1 – 30, 2023.
From July – September the plays are read by a selection committee of actors, theatre artists, company stakeholders, and volunteer patrons.
Semi-finalists will be notified via email by mid-September. Only those playwrights whose pieces have progressed to the semi-final round of “Out Loud” reading by the committee will be notified.
Playwrights whose pieces have been chosen for Production will be notified via email in October.
1. Only ONE play may be submitted per playwright. There is no submission fee.
2. Submissions will be accepted starting June 1, 2023. The submission deadline is June 30, 2023.
3. Submissions via Google form ONLY: LINK to GoogleForm
4. Plays must include contact info (name, phone number, email address, home city, and state, country) on the cover sheet.
5. Plays will require no more than 6 actors.
6. Plays will run no more than 15 minutes, No exceptions.
7. Plays will have minimal set, costume, prop, and special effect requirements.
8. Plays must include a title sheet with the Title, Playwright, cast of characters (with brief description), and setting.
9. Playwright must submit a short response on how your play relates to the theme of “NEW BEGINNINGS”.
There will be a $75 flat fee royalty payment to playwrights per play produced. (or a $25 royalty, if presented virtually).
More information on Little Fish Theatre can be found at the links below: