New Works are committed to discovering, championing and supporting new writing from the North West.The unsolicited script submission window opens annually, and all scripts received that fit the criteria are guaranteed dramaturgical feedback.
- They accept scripts from writers from and/or living in Liverpool City Region.
- Scripts should be written in a clear font (eg. size 12 in Arial, Times New Roman or Calibri). Ensure the pages are numbered and that you include a title page with a list of characters.
- Please do not include any personal details on the script to allow for it to be read anonymously.
The Homotopia Award
They are also proud to be partnering once again with Homotopia in this window to offer one LGBTQIA+ writer a professional rehearsed reading or workshop and £500 seed commission towards developing their work. The subject matter of a submitted script for the Homotopia award should explore LGBTQIA identities, challenges, experiences, lived experience and/or culture.
There is an option to have your script considered for the Homotopia award on the Script Submission form.
They do NOT accept
- Plays by writers who are not from or living in the Liverpool City Region
- More than one play per writer per window
- Radio, film or TV scripts
- Poetry or prose works
- Adaptations of novels or existing plays
- Plays that have previously been produced/staged beyond a Scratch or sharing
They expect all writers who submit a script to be aware of the work they programme, the size of the venues, and to know why they are sending a particular play
Deadline: Fri 2 Jun 2023.
They aim to feedback to everyone by the end of July.
Source: Write A Play