After the success of our Summer Monologue Competition, we’re now accepting your monologues again this winter!
We loved reading the monologues you sent us over the summer and it was a fantastic way to engage with your work and find out more about your amazing and unique voices! Watch this space for news on the winners of the Summer Monologue Competition and a YouTube film of the selected monologues coming soon. You’ll also be hearing some of the monologues during the next season of our Playwriting Real-Life Podcast.
Since we enjoyed reading your work so much – and lots of you told us how much you liked writing your monologues; we’re now opening the doors again for the latter part of the year!
We want to read your monologues of up to 2 pages and selected entries will be read by professional actors and recorded for our YouTube/ social media channels!
Monologues can be on any theme.
Who can apply: this opportunity is open to London Playwrights’ members only. This is due to the cost involved for us to produce the monologues. If you’re not a member already, don’t worry, you can sign up here for just £3.63 and you’ll also get access to lots of other benefits which will keep you inspired over the summer and beyond!
How to apply: send your monologues to email@example.com by 31 December 2023. You are welcome to send a Word or PDF document or if you also want to perform your own monologue, you can also send a video! Writers will be notified of the outcome by 8th February. Happy writing!
Please note: due to limited time and resources, we will not be able to respond to everyone individually. Selected writers will be notified by email. If you have not heard anything by 8th February, please assume your work has not been selected on this occasion. We’re really sorry if this seems impersonal – we just very over stretched and our resources are limited and replying to everyone individually takes a lot of time; we hope you understand and don’t mind us channelling our resources into creating more opportunities for writers!
- We are accepting monologues on any theme.
- Please ensure your monologue is no longer than 2 pages.
- Send your work as a Word Doc, PDF, or if you would rather perform it yourself – as a video.
- Resubmissions are welcome.
- One submission per writer (if you need to replace or update your submission, please resubmit to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us in your email).
- Due to limited resources, this competition is open to current members only (you can sign up here for just £3.63).
- Selected monologues will be broadcast on our YouTube channel subject to permission from the writer. Copyright remains that of the writer.
- Over 18’s only.
- Any questions, please email email@example.com as this email addressed is checked more frequently!
Deadline: 31st December 2023
Source: London Playwrights