The Lyric Hammersmith is offering three emerging artists/companies aged 18-25 the opportunity to pitch creative ideas for a two-week residency. All residencies will culminate in a sharing of work to an invited audience.
The residency dates are:
- Residency 1 (Monday 17 February to Friday 28 February 2014)
- Residency 2 (Monday 3 March to Friday 14 March 2014)
- Residency 3 (Monday 17 March to Friday 28 March 2014)
Proposals can include the development of existing and new ideas/projects.
The Lyric Hammersmith is currently expanding which means that parts of the building are off limits to the public. For this reason, the residencies will take place in a different space in the local area of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Eligibility: About you:
- You must live in one of the 32 London boroughs
- You must be aged 18-25
- You must be able to commit to an interview on Tuesday 11 February 2014
- You must be able to commit to at least one of the residency dates
What you get: There are three residencies in total available for individual artists/groups. Each artist/group will receive support and guidance to enable them to present a sharing of work at the end of their residency. Each artist/group will receive:
- Two week’s access to a rehearsal space local to the Lyric Hammersmith
- Producing support to present a sharing of work to an invited audience at the end of the residency
- Administrative support and access to a temporary desk at the Lyric
- Mentoring and guidance from the Lyric’s Next Generation producer
- Access to a budget of £300 to develop and realise your idea
- Access to Lyric staff and associate artists
How to apply: Applications can be made via the IdeasTap Brief.
Deadline: Wednesday 5 February 2014 at 5pm
Source: Arts Council e-newsletter