Script submissions are open at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre.
The open call is an opportunity for them to connect with writers and find exciting ideas that could benefit from paid development and support in their Studio and Main House.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- Submissions are open to writers from all stages in their career and who are currently living in the UK
- The Lyric especially encourages writers who live and work in West London and from people who are currently underrepresented in the UK theatre industry including people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, who are d/Deaf or disabled, who are non-binary, LGBTQIA+, who have caring responsibilities.
- They can only accept one script per writer.
- Scripts must be full-length – at least one hour in duration (as a guide, this is 40+ pages).
- They are open to all forms of theatre including musicals, adaptations and translations. For adaptations and translations, please ensure you have the appropriate rights for the book, film etc.
- They cannot accept redrafts, resubmissions or scripts that have had a full production – they classify a full production as more than 7 performances.
Deadline: Sunday 5 December 2021 at 23:59
Source: BBC Writersroom