Nouveau Riche are on the lookout for up and coming Writer-Performers of Colour for a new online competition.
Mad Times Monologues seeks aspiring candidates to submit a short monologue, of approximately 3-5 minutes to be judged by a panel of industry professionals as well as an open public vote. Monologues will be performed and streamed to Nouveau Riche’s social media channels and website.
The winning monologue/performance will be offered a seed commission with Nouveau Riche with an option for further development with their award-winning team and partners.
- Writers must be comfortable performing their monologues to camera.
- Monologues must be original work.
- Writers are encouraged to experiment with style and form and can write based on any subject matter other than Covid-19.
- Writers can only submit one monologue.
- Monologues must last no longer than 5 minutes in duration.
- Writers don’t have to film their monologue on the most expensive camera in the world, but please make sure you are well lit, and clear.
- There is no need for a full body shot writers can perform on a mid-shot
- Monologues must be unproduced.
- The decision of the judges will be held along with the decision of the public vote. No individual correspondence will be entered into.
- Writers must be based in the UK
How to apply?
Entrants should send a short bio, a short treatment/idea of the larger world of the play or ideas of what a full-length version might look like (more info the better) to email@example.com. Monologues must be sent via MP4 format
Deadline: Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Source: PLAYWRITING UK Facebook