Mercury Producers will explore making work at a range of scales learning the specific skills and knowledge involved in mounting a successful production, led by Karen Goddard.
A monthly workshop, exploring the main elements of producing work independently including setting up companies, pitching, planning, budgeting, fundraising, audiences, marketing, touring and press.
• Be over the age of 18
• Provide a short statement explaining why you would like to take part (max 250 words)
• Submit a CV if you have one
• Tell us about a project that you’ve produced that didn’t turn out quite how you’d hoped and what you learnt
• Describe a piece of theatre you would love to produce and why
• Tell us about your connection with the East of England – applicants must be from or currently live in this area to take part.
Mercury Producers benefit from;
• A monthly workshop with Karen Goddard, exploring the main elements of producing work independently including setting up companies, pitching, planning, budgeting, fundraising, audiences, marketing, touring and press.
• Opportunities to participate in a number of producing masterclasses, led by industry respected producers.
• Mentoring, producer shadowing, pitching opportunities and networking events
• Invitations to collaborate with other organisations in the East of England
• Support from the Mercury Team to develop ideas to be considered for future programming.
• Free tickets and special invitations to some Mercury events
• Opportunities to collaborate with Early Career Artists and Associate Companies.
All applicants will be notified by 15 Jul 2022.
All nine workshops will be held at the Mercury Theatre on:
– Tue 26 Jul 7 -9pm
– Tue 9 Aug 7-9pm
– Tue 6 Sep 7-9pm
– Tue 4 Oct 7-9pm
– Tue 1 Nov 7-9pm
– Tue 6 Dec 7-9pm
– Tue 10 Jan 2023 7-9pm
– Tue 7 Feb 2023 7-9pm
– Tue 7 Mar 2023 7-9pm
Deadline: 30 June 2022
Source: Write A Play