Aberdeen Arts Centre are opening applications for a composer/lyricist or writing team to write and shape a new stage musical for their large cast of young performers.
We are looking for an engaging, playful, unperformed original musical by writers aged 18+ of any experience or background. Our youth theatre company, Castlegate Theatre Company, has been a much loved training ground for the young performers of Aberdeen for over fifteen years and recent years have shown a lack of available performance texts which provide our students with what they need to grow as artists. Namely – shows by UK-based writers, with enough meaningful roles for a large cast of students, with material that stretches the abilities of the performers without requiring a level of training that is not yet achieved or available to our students. To solve this dilemma, Aberdeen Arts Centre are thrilled to be commissioning the creation of a new musical, with the goal of this becoming an annual event.
Producing a New Musical for Castlegate Theatre Company at Aberdeen Arts Centre
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An original musical written on a subject appropriate for youth performers (8 -17 years) with a target cast size of 35
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
– £3000 fee
– A mentor to help complete your script, lyrics and music
– Travel and accommodation to visit Aberdeen Arts Centre for rehearsals and production week
– A full scale performance of your work
– A multi-camera recording of the performance
Please submit the following:
– A summary of the script with at least two representative scenes
– Two completed songs at least one of which is for the full cast (please note, the audio quality of your files is not being assessed)
– Your CV and links to any recently produced work – include your contact email and phone number
All submissions should be emailed by 1st August 2022 to email@example.com. All submissions will receive confirmation of receipt and will be informed if they have been successful by the end of August 2022.
More info at: www.aberdeenartscentre.com/newmusical
Deadline: 1 August 2022
Source: Arts Jobs