PAID Creative Conversations
We want to get to know the creative freelancers of Birmingham. Especially those with a love of the Fantasy Genre.
We are offering paid creative conversations as an opportunity for us to meet more freelancers in Birmingham.
More about the upcoming project…
An immersive fantasy audio adventure for all to enjoy. Enabling young people and their families to access high-quality culture through a new type of multi-sensory literature experience.
This project will take an innovative and creative approach to access for D/deaf and visually impaired audiences and look to build upon yello brick’s previous work of embedding access into audio experiences. Specifically investigating multi-sensory pathways through the experience.
Who we are looking for…
We are looking for Birmingham-based or Birmingham-born artists and creatives with a passion for the Fantasy Genre. Specifically:
- D/deaf Artists (poets, spoken word, visual artists, musicians, theatre makers, designers, video artists, digital artists, animators and more)
- Immersive Sound Engineers (with experience of 360 audio, immersive sound design, live events, experiential design, technical set up)
- Set Designers (inc. Production Designer / Set Builder / Fabricators)
- Lighting Designers (installation, experiential)
- Projection/Video Artists
- Stage Managers (must have experience working in non-venue spaces)
- Production Managers (with relevant experience of immersive/shop unit events)
- Fantasy Writers
We are particularly interested in hearing from artists who are underrepresented within the cultural and artistic landscape of Birmingham and encourage applications from D/deaf & Disabled Artists, LGBTQIA+ Artists and Global Majority Artists.
A creative conversation with yello brick is paid at £40 and will last around 40 minutes. It acts as an opportunity for us to get to know your work and you ours. We can tell you about the project and discuss if it may be something you would be interested in and the upcoming roles that will be on offer next year.
There are only 15 slots available. Applications close on 7th October.
Deadline: 7 October 2022
Source: Arts Jobs