Papercut Theatre will be running their ‘Professional Development for Emerging Writers’ workshop on 2nd November 2013 (10.30am – 6pm) in London. This day long workshop will look at:
- At what stage should you send your plays to literary departments
- What should your objectives be when sending your work to a theatre
- Understanding feedback
- Getting work staged
- Managing the writer/ director relationship
- Our top ten writing pitfalls to avoid
- How to analyse others’ work and how this can benefit your own
- Building unique character voices
This workshop will be led by Papercut Theatre Artistic Director, Melissa Dunne. Melissa is on the Literary Panel for the National Theatre and has read for The Bush Theatre, The Soho Theatre, Ice and Fire Theatre Company, The Verity Bargate Award and the Kings Cross Award.
Cost: £45 (tea, coffee and refreshments will be provided).
Location: Clean Break Theatre Company, 2 Patshull Road London NW5 2LB.
How to apply: contact Melissa@papercuttheatre.co.uk or visit the website.
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group.