Persistent and Nasty are now accepting submissions for their March event.
Persistent & Nasty is a platform with a focus on the voices of female-identified humans working, writing, and performing in the stage and screen industry. It was born from the frustration and anger of four creatives, fed-up with the treatment of women across the industry; from the lack of profile female writers get, to the way that women are treated in the casting process.
For the second Persistent and Nasty rehearsed reading they’re especially keen to showcase work from female-identified people of colour. They are specifically inviting writers from BAME and mixed heritage backgrounds to submit their scripts (submission details below). Similarly they are always keen to meet actor/esses of colour based in Scotland.
Eligibility: Only female and femme-identified writers of colour will be considered for this submission window.
What to submit:
- 15-30 minutes in length (approximately 20-30 pages).
- The script can be written for theatre, tv, radio or film.
- Priority will be given to scripts that explore themes of gender equality, challenge traditional gender roles and explore feminist issues.
- Priority will be given to scripts that have more than one female character.
- If the submitted script is an excerpt from a longer piece, the excerpt should be able to stand alone and be understood.
- Please use as close to industry standard formatting as possible. Minimum requirement is 12pt font size, double line spacing and page numbers.
Alongside the script itself, please provide the following:
- a short biography
a brief synopsis
a few words on what inspired you to write this particular piece
How to apply: Please send the above information to Louise Oliver at: louise@wearecivildisobedience.
Deadline: Wednesday 28 February 2018 at 5pm
Source: Direct contact