Pint-Sized is looking for submissions for their first week-long festival at The Bunker Theatre, London in October 2018.
Each Pint-Sized showcases 5 pieces of new writing from the best in emerging talent, wrapped up with a live band playing tailor-made tracks written about the pieces involved, all with a sold-out audience and discounts at the bar.
“We are committed to supporting emerging writers at every level, and we publish a longlist of our favourite submissions. We’ll offer these writers feedback and advice throughout the year, and free entry to private sessions with our mentors, so if your script isn’t chosen for the show, it doesn’t mean we can’t offer you help in any other way.”
This will be the first of their annual week-long festivals, with high-profile events and speakers during the day, and five brilliant pieces of writing performed every night!
What you get:
A mentor to give feedback on your work; previous mentors have included, Timberlake Wertenbaker, Simon Stephen, James Graham, Roy Williams, Polly Stenham, Alice Birch, Tim Crouch, April De Angelis
Your work staged alongside four other pieces for a week at Bunker Theatre, in front of agents and literary departments from major theatres; regular attendees include Royal Court, Young Vic, Bush, Soho, Curtis Brown and Casarotto.
Pint-Sized has resulted in writers signing with major agents, in meetings at major venues, in direct transfers to venues like TheatreN16 or The King’s Head, or, in the case of I Have A Mouth And I Will Scream by Abi Zakarian, an award-winning run at Vaults festival.
All access requirements met.
Feedback given to writers on their longlist, and to all writers who identify as artists of colour, working class, LGBTQIA*, D/deaf, disabled, or learning disabled/neurodivergent.
- Pieces should be 10-15 minutes, either stand-alone shorts or excerpts from longer work.
- Only one piece submitted per writer.
- No need for pieces to fit a particular theme or genre; if it’s good writing, they are interested in it.
- They are unable to accommodate huge sets or technically complex shows, but they’ll always do their best.
- No need to sell yourself in a cover letter – they read the plays separately from your emails.
- “Everything we offer is free; if you’re trying to submit and come across a page asking you to pay, you’re looking at Pint-Sized Plays, based in Wales, who are lovely and good people, but aren’t us.”
Find out more here.
How to apply: email your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1 July 2018 at 11pm
Source: direct contact