The Playwriting at the Pit workshops return for 2019. They are a sounding board for writers at all stages of development, a space for work in progress and a launch pad for new ideas.
Saffron Myers (Paines Plough, Hampstead Theatre) and Mike Carter (The Space, London Playwriting Lab, South London Writers’ Group) are delighted be working at the Cockpit Theatre studios this Spring to help develop more plays and support more new writing.
How it works: Playwriting at the Pit has been devised to support writers with new work. Whether you are established or just starting out, we can help you focus, get your ideas on paper and move forward with your drafts. The programme comprises nine weekly sessions led by Saffron and Mike at the Cockpit with a writing week for you to work on your play in your own time.
When and where: Sessions take place on Wednesdays from 730-930pm as below. The Cockpit is a short walk from Marlybone Station.
- 27th February 7:30-9:30pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 6th March 7:30-9:30pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 13th March 7:30-9:30pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 20th March 7:30-930pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 27th March Writing Week (No session)
- 3rd Apriil 7:30-930pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 10th April 7:30-9:30pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 17th April 7:30-930pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
- 24th April 7:30-930pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theate
- 1st May 7:30-9:30pm Studio 1 Cockpit Theatre
What you get: You will be given a series of exercises tailored to your goals and tried and tested tools to develop your skills. You will also have the chance to work with professional actors too see your words come to life. You will benefit from mentoring throughout and a one to one session on a completed draft once you’ve finished.
How to book: here, places cost £135-£180
Deadline: not applicable but the course starts on 27 February 2019
Source: direct contact