GOSH Arts runs a participatory programme of creative activities and events for children, families and staff and commissions site specific art and design for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) buildings. For more information please visit www.gosh.nhs.uk/parents-and-visitors/gosh-arts
They are recruiting for the freelance role of poet in residence at GOSH to lead weekly sessions with patients and families in outpatient clinics and inpatient wards over the period of 1 year.
The chosen poet will have some flexibility to choose the half day they work at GOSH although the day must be the same each week and must work around the current programme schedule.
Payment: Fees are paid at £210 per day or £115 per half day. Planning is paid in addition to delivery.
Main duties include:
- Planning and leading participatory workshops/sessions in inpatient and outpatient wards
- Collecting feedback during sessions
- Participating in planning and evaluation meetings with the wider artist in residence team
- Acting as a representative of GOSH Arts whilst at the hospital
What they’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience of working in participatory contexts
- Evidence of a dynamic and inclusive practice
- The ability to support vulnerable young people and children
- The ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Empathetic and sensitive to the hospital environment but with the ability to maintain professional boundaries and adhere to patient confidentiality requirements
- The ability to be flexible and reactive to situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people from different backgrounds
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting
- Experience of working with children and young people in 1:1 settings
- Experience of working with other artists using a range of art forms
- Experience of working with a range of organisations and stakeholders
What to submit:
- A cover letter of no more than 1 A4 page outlining how you meet the person specification and why you are interested in working with GOSH Arts
- An up-to-date CV
- 3 – 6 examples of your work
- Contact details for 2 referees
How to apply: To apply please send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 12 February 2018
Source: Arts Jobs