Postcard Theatre is currently accepting scripts for its new playwriting competition.
What to submit:
- All the scripts MUST be new writing, by which we mean, previously unperformed by any other company.
- The scripts MUST have a performance run time of between 60 and 90 minutes.
- The script MUST require a cast of no less than 2 actors but no more than 5 actors.
- There is no restriction on the age or gender of the characters.
- There is no restriction of the style or genre of the pieces but they MUST be suitable for fringe production.
How to apply: Scripts are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Round 1: During this round, a Postcard Theatre panel will read all submissions and compile a shortlist to move to the next round.
- Round 2: We will submit our shortlist to a panel of external professionals who are not from within Postcard Theatre and who will shortlist further
- Round 3: The playwrights who have scripts on the external panel’s shortlist will be asked to select an extract which will then be presented to a public audience & panel in the form of a rehearsed reading. The audience along with a panel will decide on two scripts to take forward into the final round.
- Round 4: The final two scripts will have a longer extract presented to a public audience & panel in the form of a rehearsed, read performance. The combination of audience and panel will decide on the winning script & playwright.
What you win: The winning playwright will have their script turned into our next, full Postcard Theatre production. We will also award £50 to the winning playwright for the performance rights covering the full run of the production.
Deadline: 21 August 2015 at 5pm