Pro Story Development & Marketing Scheme is aimed at writers, directors, creative producers and script editors who want to story develop, script, package, and sell a feature-length project or long-form TV show.
The course will give indivuduals the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with industry.and pich direct to producers, distributors and agents.
Filmmakers will develop their work:
- Through script meetings/outlines/treatments
- Drafting or redrafting their screenplay
- Producing a business package to accompany their script
- through the introduction to sales agents, distributors, cinema exhibitors and producers.
Their regular collaborators include:
- Warner Bros
- Working Title Films
- Participant Media
- Plan B
- Curzon/Artificial Eye
- ITV Studios
Full information of the scheme can be found via the link below:
What to submit: Initial application materials include
- a one-page outline for the project,
- a one-page business plan (budget, distribution and marketing plan)
- ten pages of script (if available)
- a CV of relevant professional experience.
All shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
How to apply: Applications can be made via their online form.
Criteria: “The applicant that is perceived to be most deserving of SAI’s support (talented, committed, personable, developing a great feature project) will recieve a full SAI bursary worth £5,000.”
They will be running free half-day workshops between now and the beginning of September (as many as required) in order to meet and review applicants.
Deadline: 9 August 2016*
*They will be reviewing sumissions as and when we recieve them and will award the bursary on a first come, first served basis.