These commissions are specifically designed for artists honing a piece already in development and getting them ready for public performance.
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers based in the North West (The North West comprises Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside and Manchester)
- Applicants who consider their practice and work to be in line with HOME’s ambition to push the boundaries of form and technology, to experiment, be bold and take risks.
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers with a clear production idea* who will then be ready to stage it at HOME during Push Festival 2023 (20 January – 18 February)
- They ask that it fits into our Theatre 2 space, a playing area of approx. 9m x 9m (with masking)
- They are also looking for one commission to be made for digital presentation – the run of this project may extend beyond the festival dates.
- They will be looking for projects which represent the diversity of work happening in the Northwest (for example, what voices are being heard, what form is being explored, etc)
*By this they mean productions that are already in development but are in need of further support to finish the production.
Find out more on the Write A Play website
Deadline:9 May 2022
Source: Write A Play