West Yorkshire Queer Stories is a large scale Heritage Lottery-funded project collecting & preserving LGBTIQ+ experiences and objects across the region. For too long vibrant QTIPOC LGBTIQ+ histories have been ignored or seen as unimportant, but they aim to change that!
As part of the project’s outreach, they’re commissioning artists to create work inspired by the oral history collection that has been built.
What they are looking for: a QTIPOC (queer, trans, intersex person of colour) writer from the West Yorkshire region to create a new piece for the project.
They will give you access to the QTIPOC stories we’ve collected in the area for you to draw on, to produce a piece of work that reflects on both your own and others’ local QTIPOC experiences.
- This could be a piece of performance poetry, a short story or another creative idea that you design yourself.
- This work will be broadcast, performed and published, (though it doesn’t necessarily have to be performed by you).
- To be performed at a West Yorkshire Queer Stories final celebration event
- To be broadcast on WYQS podcast
- To be published on WYQS website
- To be published in the forthcoming WYQS book
How to submit: email email@example.com with a 250 word proposal outlining your vision. You might also like to include a copy of your portfolio, previous published work, your cv, or anything else that helps them get to know your style.
Project Commences: 1st August, 2019.
Commission submission: 30th Sep, 2019.
Rate: 10 days @ £150/day = £1500.00, payable in two parts: on commencement/completion
Deadline: 21st July 2019
Source: Arts Jobs