Re:Play is a new programme for up to five advanced Black, Asian and minority ethnic writer-performers interested in developing, and performing, a one-person show addressing a critical social issue. The programme includes:
- A £1,000 bursary plus travel costs
- Four master classes between January-July 2015 exploring writing, performing and producing
- A mentor to provide critical feedback and guidance throughout the Re:Play process
- At least one scratch opportunity
- A showcase performance in July 2015 at London’s Southbank Centre (date TBC)
Re:Play welcomes applications from BAME performers and writers who are currently resident in England. Please note: successful applicants will be those who can demonstrate the ability to perform their own work. You will need to be available on selected dates between January and July 2015.
What to submit: Nimble Fish need five things from you as part of your application:
1) A outline of the social issue you wish to tackle and your motivation for doing so
2) A one-page treatment of your idea
3) A short description of a charity or NPO you would like to connect with, and why. You may include a letter of support from the charity/NPO.
4) A CV highlighting your relevant achievements and links to selected work online. These can be included as attachments but please don’t include more than four.
5) Up to 400 words about how Re:Play would affect your professional development.
How to apply: Applications must be received via e-mail no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 7th November 2014. Subject line should be ‘Re:Play application’ and e-mails sent to email@example.com. Interviews with short-listed candidates will be held w/c 24th November.
Friday 7 November 2014 Monday 10 November 2014
(Deadline extended due to a system glitch!)