Throughout 2015, Rich Mix is looking for emerging performers and companies to tell their stories of city life.
Rich Mix is located in the heart of East London, one of the most diverse and exciting parts of the city. It’s seeking submissions for theatre and performance work that encapsulates the smallness and the bigness of city life. These showcases will happen once a month, mainly in its studio theatre, though submissions that respond to other spaces within the Rich Mix building and work across multiple art forms are accepted too. At least three individuals or groups will win this opportunity
Performances will take place once a month, on either a Friday or Saturday evening, starting in January 2015. Please note there will be no Small Story/Big City Showcase in August or December.
What to submit: In order for your work to be considered, you must have been working in live performance for no more than four years. Work must be no longer than 90 minutes (excluding interval), however shorter works presented as part of a double or triple bill will be considered. Those with work in development, or new writing, are also encouraged to apply – Rich Mix is happy to hear from those with work at the very early stages of development, as well as those with completed works.
Your stories should be funny, poignant, hidden, silly and sad. They’re tiny, they’re personal, but they are somehow essential. Without them the city becomes that little bit smaller.
What you get: If your work is chosen, you will benefit from:
- Inclusion in Rich Mix’s main artistic programme
- Ticket sale income on a box office split basis
- Inclusion in Rich Mix marketing materials
- Free performance space in Rich Mix’s studio theatre, supported by a full technical and front of house team
- Free rehearsal space in Rich Mix’s rehearsal room (at least 40 hours guaranteed, and more subject to availability and requirements)
- Expert support and advice from Rich Mix’s creative team and selected partners
- The opportunity for your work to be seen by industry professionals and networking opportunities
- Guidance from Rich Mix on future performance opportunities
How to apply: Applications are made via the IdeaTap brief. The application form requires the following:
- Brief description of the piece (no more than 400 words)
- Relevant Practical Details (including playing space required, staging, no of performers, length of piece, etc)
- Details of relevant work experience (no more than 300 words)
- Description of your artistic practice (no more than 300 words)
- Details of marketing support (As an artistic partner we expect you to help market your event, please detail below how you would plan to do this i.e. flyers, social media, listings on websites/publications)
- Scheduling availability
- 3 images in support of your application
Deadline: 20 October 2014 at 5pm