Salon Pictures have launched their initiative Debut 2, an open call for first-time feature film makers. They are looking for high-concept ideas, novel ways of expression, and a fresh approach.
First-time feature filmmakers are invited to pitch ideas for a high-concept, fiction feature film. The winning project will be fully financed and produced at a budget level of £1,000,000, by Salon founders Nick Taussig & Paul Van Carter, who to date have produced six features by first-time directors.
To apply, you must be an individual, a writer-director, and will be a first-time feature-filmmaker. Your idea will be original, and not based on any source material or underlying rights.
How to apply: Email a one page PDF of your concept to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following:
- Title. Genre. Location.
- Your name (you should be the writer and director).
- A logline (a one sentence summary of the film).
- An outline (500 word detailed description, include beginning/middle/end of the film, with spoilers).
Do not send videos, images, screenplays or anything else.
- There are no geographical or age restrictions.
- You are not necessarily guaranteed a response.
Deadline: 15 September 2017
Source: BBC Writersroom