Scriptwriters & Co’s submissions window is open to writers anywhere in the world. This time they’re looking for original plays, screenplays or audio plays of 8-10 pages, on the new theme of ‘COMPETITION’.
It’s free to submit. The prize? Up to eight winning pieces will be performed on the night by professional S&Co Actors, in front of a supportive online audience, with judge’s notes and constructive discussions led by Zanna Cardash and Alex Hollister after each performance. It’s a great place to test your work and meet new contacts.
Scriptwriters & Co’s next online Scratch Night will take place online at 7pm (BST) on Tuesday 31 May 2022.
To compete, writers must:
- visit Scriptwriters & Co for the finer details
- subscribe to their mailing list
- be over 18
- be able to attend the online Zoom event
Your script must be:
- in English
- relevant to the theme of ‘COMPETITION’
- to the prescribed page count
- spell-checked and formatted appropriately
- in PDF format, with its title and your name in the file name.
Deadline: 12 noon on Thursday 26 May 2022
Scriptwriters & Co’s experienced readers assess every submission very carefully. Please don’t be disheartened if yours isn’t chosen, or leap to the conclusion that it isn’t engaging or well-written. Decisions won’t just be based on talent, but to offer the audience variety.
Please visit Scriptwriters & Co to find out more – and join them!
Deadline: 26 May 2022
Source: BBC Writersroom