Second Sons, the theatre for people who don’t like theatre, are now accepting submissions from UK-based writers for their festival of new writing, Play Time, to be held on Sunday 11 June 2017 at a venue TBC.
They are looking for bold, innovative pieces of theatre.
The submissions are open to individual writers and theatre companies.
Second Sons says: “Play Time returns following a sold out show at Theatre N16 last year. We’re not just looking for comedies this time – all we want is to read is bold new writing. If a piece you have fits the bill, we want to read it.”
What to submit:
- Plays must not exceed 12 minutes in running time, and must include no more than four characters.
- Monologues accepted.
- Technical elements must be minimal.
- Writers can only send one script.
- If you have a writing CV, please attach that too.
- Theatre Companies: this time around, submissions from companies as well as individuals are being accepted. If you have a piece (final draft or a work-in-progress), Second Sons would love to read it. Please include a brief history of your company in the email.
How to apply:
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the email is titled ‘Play Time – (name of script). Please attach any documents (scripts, CV’s) as a PDF format.
Deadline: Tuesday 2 May 2017