This call out is a development opportunity aimed at artists, companies and makers of live performance to support your work for a period of four months during this transitional period.
Each selected artist will receive:
- Support from Sheffield Theatres and Cast
- Mentoring from either venue
- £500 per month for a period of 4 months (£2,000 total)
We are interested in:
- How commissioning money not attached to a specific project can help an artist grow and develop creative work without a specific project in mind
- How a loose framework for development can support the autonomy of an artist to create new work and take creative risks
- If a development scheme that supports the artist, rather than the artwork, is a more useful order to develop through a changing cultural environment.
Who can apply?
Professional theatre and live performance makers or companies from or based in South Yorkshire.
We define professionals as those both those who are looking to make a career from working within theatre and performance as well as those already established in doing so.
What can I apply for?
Each selected artist will receive £500 per month for four months. This money can be used on anything to help you in your professional work, this could be:
- Adapting practice – ways to work in the new normal. Developing practical steps to support your work to be more sustainable in future
- Upskilling – training and development
- Professional knowledge development / networking – including mentoring, attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Purchase of equipment
- Supporting yourself or your business (covering costs, expenses)
- As cash match to support individual or joint applications.
Or if you have any other idea then we’d love to hear that too.
You could have a specific project or idea you would like to work on, but we are most interested in you as a theatre maker or as a theatre company. You can include work you might like to make during these four months, but if you don’t have a specific project or show then that’s also completely fine too.
For more information and how to apply, visit Sheffield Theatres’ website here.
Deadline: midnight, Monday 26 April 2021.
Source: Sheffield Theatres