Who can apply?
Submissions are invited from Scotland-based professional writers, filmmakers and creative practitioners from other mediums who are interested in moving into writing for screen. Applicants must have had work professionally published, performed or produced but will not yet have a short film or feature film writing credit. Please refer to the Application Guidelines for more information.
There is no cost to participate in the programme. If you have personal access needs that will incur a cost during the period you are taking part in the programme, you can include these costs as part of your application.
How do I apply?
Applicants will need to submit a completed Application Form containing the following:
- Short bio (max. 100 words)
- Samples of previous work (to view or read). If you are applying with a written sample this must be no longer than 15 pages, of either your best work or a piece you feel has similarities with the ideas you are applying with.
- Personal statement (max. 500 words) outlining why you wish to participate in the programme and the kind of stories you would like to tell in film.
- Short Film Story Outline (max. 250 words)
- Feature Film Story Outline (max. 500 words)
Deadline: 11.59pm on Sunday 13th November 2022
Source: BBC Writersroom