Slick Rat are searching for new musicals to perform at a scratch night they’re hosting at RichMix.
The evening will consist of five performances of new pieces of musical theatre, which are all in the early stages of development. There’s also an excellent bar in the theatre, so constructive audience feedback is encouraged over drinks afterwards!
The scratch night will take place at 7.30pm on the 5th January 2016 at RichMix, in the Main Space. The evening is co- produced by Henry Carpenter and Hannah Elsy.
What they can offer you:
- Half a day’s rehearsal space in central London.
- Dramaturgical support on your piece before it heads into rehearsals.
- A director and singers/ performers for your piece (although if you already have a team you’d like to use, then great!)
- Full technical support on the evening.
- Social media coverage in the run- up to the event.
What they need from you:
We want 10 minutes of material for performance: whether that be an extract from a longer piece, a short musical which needs expanding upon or just an outline of a show. We’re looking for cool ideas.
Please email Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line NEW MUSICAL with:
- Contact email
- Contact telephone
- A short bio (100 words max)
- At what stage of development is this piece in? (100 words max)
- Any song demos, web links, scripts, summaries etc. to give us a clear idea of what you are proposing to be performed.
Deadline: Monday 30th November at 12pm. Late entries will not be accepted. Successful applications will be notified by December 3rd.
Any questions? Drop them a line at email@example.com.