StageWrite is Bedford’s only annual new writing festival. 2018 dates now confirmed as Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th May 2018. The Festival will partner with The Place Theatre, the home of StageWrite since 2013
StageWrite is designed as a platform for emerging and published writers to see their work up on its feet, in front of an audience and performed script-in-hand by professional actors. This allows the writer to gain multiple perspectives about their work so that they can develop it further based on the feedback of the actors, director and audience members. It’s also for audiences, giving them the experience of brand new material and the chance to say what they think about it.
What to submit:
- Scripts that follow industry standard in terms of font size, layout, page numbering etc.
- Scripts of between 45 and 60 minutes in length, either a complete piece, or part of a longer piece that is able to stand alone and be coherent for an audience
- A maximum of 6 actors required – if there are more than 6 roles, it should be feasible for the actors to play multiple roles
- Stage directions kept to a minimum where possible
- Completed proforma – see form below (this will be sent to you if you submit your script via email).
- Please note that, at present, this is only open to UK residents as you will need to make yourself available for the performance of your piece if selected.
How to apply: You can upload your script via their website, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 31 January 2018
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group