StoryFutures Academy are delighted to invite you to sign up for free, one-day Introductory Labs which they are holding throughout Autumn.
Introductory Labs provide a safe space for people to experience first-hand how immersive technologies are already being deployed to tell compelling stories, and start to dream up new ideas of their own. These sessions are intended to provide a forum for discussion and debate about immersive storytelling, develop new thinking and grow a community of practice.
Introductory Labs are aimed at creative professionals from adjacent fields (for example: producers, writers, directors, or commissioners from film, TV, games and other creative industries) who are new to immersive and wish to learn more about the potential of the medium, and the current state of this emerging industry.
Participants at these one-day labs will:
- Experience and discuss a range of the latest virtual and augmented reality content
- Participate in introductory sessions on the technology enabling this content, and the business and distribution models that are being explored
- Discuss current industry trends and challenges
Labs are held for small groups of between 12 and 16 participants, and are allocated on a first come first served basis – subject to the eligibility criteria.
- Age: Participants must be 18+
- Diversity: StoryFutures Academy operates with a pledge to ensure 50% of participants are women and 15-20% are from BAME backgrounds.
- Track Record: Participants must have a substantial body of work and/or a considerable number of screen (or production, performance or equivalent) credits.
- Reporting: All participants must agree to funder reporting requirements, including provision of relevant business and employment information.
They have a number of lab dates coming up in Autumn, so please sign up to these free opportunities via their website:
Deadline: not applicable
Source: BBC Writersroom