Venue: The Fiddler’s Elbow, Camden, NW5 3HS
Theatre Breaks is comprised of a 4 night run, which Theatre Companies/directors/writers/producers can use as a free platform to showcase new or developing work. Be it a new short play, an excerpt from a longer piece, a new adaptation, a musical, a puppet show, a sketch, a monologue or a story – all are welcome at the festival. Each show will run for NO LONGER THAN 20 MINUTES and will be performed back to back over four consecutive nights.
Successful companies/directors will be notified by Monday, 14 October. There will be a mandatory meeting on 21 October at 7pm @ The Fiddler’s Elbow for all successful applicants. One person (Director/Producer) must attend from each production.
- They can accept one submission per writer/company/director.
- Please note, the performance space is NON-TRADITIONAL and the set up is very basic, so your show needs to be performed with minimal light and sound cues.
- The event is open to anyone, no previous experience necessary and they are looking for submissions from a diverse range of applicants.
- Tiny Dog Productions will provide the Performance venue – including basic lighting and sound, a technical operator, marketing and support to directors/companies within reason. ALL aspects of casting, rehearsal and direction will be the responsibility of the applicant.
- Directors/companies will be required to provide all set and costume.
How to apply: To apply, send script submissions and show synopsis to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the title of your play as the subject line. If you do not have a completed script, please send a synopsis and a detailed break down of the piece you would like to perform. Plays must be no longer than 20 minutes.
Deadline: Friday 11 October, 2013 at 5pm
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group