The Ground Floor at Berkeley Rep is inviting artists to apply with projects that would benefit from a residency in Berkeley for 1–4 weeks. Applicants must be available for residency between June 2 and 28, 2015.
What you get: Berkeley Rep will provide transportation, housing, rehearsal space, technical support, and a modest stipend.
Eligibility: Previous applicants may re-apply. There is no limit on the number of projects an artist may apply with. Applications accepted from international artists.
What to submit: Projects may be anywhere along their development path: from an idea without anything on paper yet, to a complete draft of a text. Whether you are a writer simply needing a room in which to write or an ensemble wanting intensive rehearsal time, we encourage you to apply. Artists from other disciplines interested in creating theatre pieces also welcome. If your project is ready for a small audience, they are happy to provide that, but there is no requirement for any kind of culminating event. Past participants have held events that were open to the public, no final presentation at all, small closed readings, and everything in between.
This is a developmental residency. Projects looking for a full production are not eligible. If you are applying for an adaptation, please have the underlying rights already secured. They do not accept scripts along with application forms. If a proposed project makes it to the second round, we will then request more information, including whatever may already be written.
How to apply:
1. Complete the application form on their website.
- They suggest you download and complete the application as a Word document and then cut/paste your answers into the application form below. Please note that the online form does not allow you to save the application mid-way through and that you must hit the “submit” button at the bottom to finalize the form submission process. Do not submit the Word document via email.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
- Please do not submit any materials beyond those required in the application.
2. Email resumes for key collaborators to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Format: All resumes must be submitted as a PDF file and should be no more than one page long. (Download a free Adobe Reader.)
- Title of resume: “Project Title, Name on Resume.pdf”
- Subject heading of email: “Subject: GFApp, Project Title, Include Names of All Resumes Attached.”
- Email: Please submit only one email per application with all relevant resumes.
Timeline: All applications and corresponding resumes are due by 11:59pm on November 2, 2014. Applicants will be notified by February 17, 2015.
For questions regarding the application process, please email: email@example.com.
Deadline: 2 November 2014 at 11:59pm