The Oxford Samuel Beckett Theatre Trust Award is for an emerging company or individual to create a show either for the Pit Theatre, Barbican or a site-responsive, non-traditional show to take place in East London. The winning show will be part of the Barbican Theatre 2016 season.
Artists from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
All types of productions will be considered in terms of scale and length of run – from a limited run (not less than 10 performances) to a project, if site-responsive, that could last up to a month.
The Award comprises:
- Two Research and Development grants of up to £2,500 each
- A production grant of up to £32,000. The size of the production grant (up to this amount) will depend on the scale of the show and a justified production budget
- A mentor for the project
- In-kind support from the Barbican, including press, marketing and some technical and administrative support
Bold and innovative projects will be favoured.
Funded by The Oxford Samuel Beckett Theatre Trust and co-produced by the Barbican.
What to submit: The application form (downloadable from the website) requires the following information:
- Brief bio and description of director/company’s work (200 words)
- Project name and description of the project (650 words)
How to apply: Download and complete the application form in Word. Return the application in PDF format and a CV of the lead artist in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send any visual images.
Deadline: Friday 19 December at 2014 at 5pm
Source: Arts Jobs