- Are you a theatre maker with a new play in development?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to hear your play read out loud to a live audience?
- Are you ready for some feedback?
Working in partnership with The Playwright Laboratory, we’re seeking new plays for a monthly series of table read sessions in our Lab studio theatre space. Your play will be worked on for a day with professional actors and a director before a live table read in the evening.
As well as taking place in front of a live audience, the table read will be live streamed and also captured as a 360 VR film which will later be shared on The Playwright Laboratory’s industry platform and available for industry professionals globally to view.
We are looking for both short (5 to 15 minute) plays and longer (45 to 75 minute) plays that can be read with a maximum of 5 actors, with double ups if required.
Ideally your play will have had a little bit of development already, but we will also accept first drafts.
There will be one reading per month initially from March 2023 to June 2023.
Reading slots are limited and unfortunately, not all work submitted will receive a reading. Plays will be read by a panel from The Core and The Playwright Laboratory and those that are likely to benefit most from the process will be selected.
Deadline for submissions, and subsequent reading dates are:
- Play 1: Submission 5 January; Reading 30 March
- Play 2: Submission 1 March; Reading 27 April
- Play 3: Submission 1 April; Reading 25 May
- Play 4: Submission 1 May; Reading 29 June
For more information contact: email@example.com
Deadlines: 1 March, 1 April, 1 May 2023
Source: direct contact