Masterclass’ Pitch Your Play scheme returns for 2020, and applications are now open! They are looking for either a pre-existing team consisting of a writer, a producer and a director aged 17-30 or a passionate writer, also aged 17-30, with a finished play.
The Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass Trust’s Pitch Your Play scheme returns, inviting you to pitch a new play to a panel of industry professionals. Three winning teams will be given space, admin and marketing support from the Masterclass team, and will receive one week’s access to their West End stage in order to rehearse, before staging a reading at the Theatre Royal Haymarket. This is an exclusive opportunity to showcase your work in a West End venue to an audience of friends, family, colleagues and invited industry professionals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE
1. A short synopsis of the play
2. A PDF of the first 30 pages*
3. A covering letter explaining:
- Why they should pick your play and why you want it staged
- Any exposure your play may have had to date – i.e. any other staged readings
- What you hope this opportunity will offer you
- What your long term plans are for the play
- In an ideal world, where you see the play being produced
The script must be a new, unpublished piece of writing. Please ensure that all pages are numbered and have your name on them.
*Please note if your application is longlisted you will then be asked for a copy of the entire script.
For full details and how to submit visit the Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass website
Deadline: 10am, Friday 29 May 2020
Source: BBC Writers Room