Theatre503 is open for submissions for the next intake of writers for the 503Five Writers’ Residency Scheme.
The 503Five is an 18 month residency that offers writers the opportunity to find their creative home at Theatre503, developing work and experiencing being at the heart of a new writing theatre.
The scheme is designed for writers who have already developed their craft to a high standard but are yet to be professionally produced by an acknowledged theatre and/or have extensive experience of the industry. They are defining a professional production as a 3 week run, paid opportunity.
What you get: The residency will include:
- A seed commission
- A series of masterclass workshops
- An established industry mentor
- Peer to peer support
- Industry connections
- R&D opportunities
- Dramaturgical support
- Numerous opportunities to have work staged
What to submit: Download and fill in this application form along with the following supporting information:
- Your CV
- A pitch for the play you would like to write during your tenure here.
- A sample of your work – 10 pages you feel shows your writing at its best
- Other additional work for them to consider – these can be short plays or full length
How to apply: Application forms and supporting information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Wednesday 11 January 2017 at 12pm
Source: Theatre 503